Here's a partial schedule at least for PV...
8/28 @ Lee High
9/4 Lebanon
9/11 Richlands
9/18 @ Harlan County (the new school)
9/25 J.I. Burton
10/2 @ Clintwood
10/9 OPEN
10/16 @ J.J. Kelly
10/23 Gate City
10/30 @ Pound
11/6 Appalachia
Printable View
Richlands @ PV 9/11
JI Burton @ PV 9/25
PV @ Pound 10/30
does anyone know nortons schedule?
I think moving the JJK-Norton game to the end of the year will kill the hype that has surrounded it with both being undefeated coming in the last couple of years.
but having the Burton - Kelly game last this year just might have the district title on the line
i have a hard time believing that neither pv or clintwood will compete for the lpd title
No offense but that is about all it was, hype. Both games ended up being blow outs if I am not mistaken. Matter of fact the Raiders have outscored the Indians 196-16 in the previous 5 years. It really doesn't matter IMO, I would much rather be playing Kelly at the end of the year than Gate City just for injury purposes. You have a better possibility of resting your players then.
Even though Kelly is considered our biggest rival it really hasn't been the case the last few years. Normally you have your spurts and develop different rivals from year to year.
Back in the 90's and early 2000's Appy was our biggest rival, then that started sliding to PV and Clintwood over last few. Even though they are our arch rival the game hasn't meant jack squat in numerous years, I hope that changes soon.
I think you take JIB, JJK, PV and CW and put them into a bag, shake it up and pull out names, that is how close it will be. I do think CW is farthest away because they lost just about everything but I think they have a solid program with some good kids coming up. I don't think any one team has a clear edge this year, I think it is wide open between those 4
JIB
PV
CW
JJK
LB
Appy
Book it.
*This is assuming the kids who are enrolled at said schools at this moment remain enrolled at those said schools through November.